(WK-intern) – The World Wind Energy Association WWEA and CETER invite you to submit abstracts for the 11th World Wind Energy Conference and Exhibition WWEC2012, taking place 3-5 June 2013 in Havana, Cuba. The conference is aimed at presenting, exchanging and discussing the latest knowledge on the state of wind energy and renewable energy in general, including the state of the technology.
Due to many requests from around the world, the organisers have decided to extend the deadline for submission of abstracts until 25 January 2013.
WWEC2013 will have a special focus on the Caribbean and Central American region and will hence feature the special topic of “Opening Doors to Caribbean Winds“.
The official conference languages will be English and Spanish.
Abstracts are invited on the following topics:
- Local, national and regional policies, barriers, incentives
- International frameworks and programmes
- Community power, poverty alleviation and further strategies to optimize social benefits of wind power and other renewable energies
- Local and regional plans for 100 % renewable energy supply
- Capacity building, training and education
- System integration and optimization, grid connection
- Decentralised and distributed energy generation
- Wind turbine technology, systems, and components
- Wind resource assessment and prediction
- Wind farm planning
- Wind farms under extreme climate conditions
- Wind in the built environment: energy, habitability and vulnerability.
- Monitoring, operation and maintenance of wind farms
- Wind power and tourism
- Energy and water
- Food and energy
- Energy supply for communities in rural areas
- Small wind energy systems, their potential role, and what policies are necessary
- Hybrid systems, offgrid systems and storage
- Financing: Equity, loans and other measures including international funds like CDM, Green Climate, Global FIT, etc.
- Industrial strategies, cost optimization and creation of local manufacturing capacities
- Energy culture and communication
All abstracts should be concise and clearly state results, objectives or key components of the paper. They should not exceed 500 words and should contain a list of key words. An electronic copy (in doc format) must be submitted before 15 January 2013 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for Paper Abstract Submission 15 January 2013
- Deadline for Paper Abstract Reviews 15 February 2013
- Notification of the Accepted Papers to the first Author 28 Februar 2013
- Deadline for Submission of the Full Papers and Pre-registration of the Authors 15 March 2013
- Publication of the Official Conference Programme 20 March 2013
- Deadline for the receipt of presentation material electronically 30 April 2013
World Wind Energy Association WWEA
In conjunction with:
Ministry of the Basic Industry MINBAS of Cuba
Cuban Society for Renewable Energy Promotion and Environmental Respect CUBASOLAR
- Conference Chairs: He Dexin, WWEA President; Prof. Conrado Moreno, CETER; Fernando Tejeda, LAWEA President
- Executive Chairs: Stefan Gsänger, WWEA Secretary General; Prof. Conrado Moreno, CETER
- Programme Chairs: Prof. Dr. Chuichi Arakawa, Japan; Prof. Dr. Everaldo Feitosa, Brazil; Prof. Monica Oliphant, Australia; Prof. Woldemariam Wolde-Ghiorgis, Ethiopia
International Renewable Energy Alliance:
World Future Council